Alright, hold on to your hats because this is going to be a long one. I just want to get all the details and rules out there in one definitive post, so it's here for posterity.
I'll take you through the basics of GOvember, the rules, and the prizes. Thanks for your interest and support and get ready for the most fun month of the year!
GOvember: An Overview
There are two important components to GOvember: a map and a pair of good shoes. Luckily you can get both of those at Lively! Come on in and grab a paper map or two, or download them here. Get yourself a comfortable pair of shoes while you're at it!
Pick a challenge from the three options below and track your progress on the map provided. After each run, use a marker or pen to trace your route. Once you’ve completed your challenge, bring it in to Lively if you think you've won your level. Otherwise, email us a photo of you holding it to email@example.com.
THE ERNEST HEMINGWAY
Run all east/west streets in Oak Park for a total of 40ish miles.
It’s shorter and more concise, like his writing style.
THE BETTY WHITE
Run all north/south streets in Oak Park for a total of 70ish miles.
She’s one tough cookie, and so are you.
Because it is ludicrous to attempt to run all of the streets in Oak Park
and we admire you for your all-in approach to GOvember.
Walking, jogging, sprinting, sashaying… it all counts! (Just no driving, skating, or
bicycling, please.) Have fun and enjoy our beautiful village this month!
GOvember2020: Some Insane Contests
We reached out to some of our favorite local businesses for support, and boy did they show up for us. Here's a list of some of the fun challenges we're doing- but follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram because we might run some fun flash contests along the way....
Prizes + Challenges
- South-of-the-Tracks Challenge. The first person to finish all the streets south of the expressway (as fits for whatever level of challenge you’re doing) will get a self care package from Arts District Super Star Business Elevate Hair and Beauty Boutique.
- Selfie Contest. Whoever posts the cutest selfie the entire month (as judged by our highly qualified elite management staff at Lively) will win a massage gift certificate from Team Blonde in Forest Park. Must tag both businesses in a public FB or IG post and hashtag #GOvember2020 to be eligible.
- Badass Challenge. Whoever runs Harlem first gets a free month at the most badass of all the local businesses: Hit It Fitness. Harlem is the worst and you are a total badass for knocking it out early. Email firstname.lastname@example.org a photo and tag both businesses in a public FB or IG post and hashtag #GOvember2020 to be eligible.
- Early Riser Contest. You did it. You got out there while the rest of the world was still asleep and we want to reward you with a gift you’ll understand: amazing, locally roasted coffee from Kribi Coffee Air Roasters in Forest Park. If you post the *very* first selfie of the month, you’ll take this prize home. Must tag both businesses in a public FB or IG post and hashtag #GOvember2020 to be eligible.
- Running Buddy Challenge. Nothing motivates you to finish a GOvember challenge like running with a friend. Post a photo of you and your running buddy (or buddies!) and you’ll all be eligible to win a 6 pack of craft beer from Oak Park Brewing Company (subject to availability). Must tag both businesses in a public FB or IG post and hashtag #GOvember2020 to be eligible.
- Oak Park Love Challenge. We love Oak Park so much. Take a selfie by your favorite Oak Park landmark and we’ll enter you in a raffle for one Oak Park Chamber of Commerce gift card and one Forest Park Chamber of Commerce gift card (pending availability), redeemable at many local businesses. Civic pride, y’all. Must tag Lively public FB or IG post and hashtag #GOvember2020 to be eligible.
- Grand Prize Raffle. Finish the challenge? Amazing!!!! Started the challenge and quit? Hey, we’ve all been there and we love you for trying. Email us a photo of any level of completion to email@example.com by 12/1/2020 and we’ll enter you for a grand prize raffle with gift cards to Sugar Fixe, gift cards from 16 Suitcases, t-shirts and free lessons from School of Rock Oak Park, a gift card from Fitzgerald's Fine Stationery, a pie from Spilt Milk, gift cards from Lively AND MORE!
- The first finisher of every challenge (so one each for Hemingway, Betty White, and Ludacris) will win an insane prize: a 5’ balloon garland delivered to your house from 99 Haus Balloons. Let your whole neighborhood enjoy your glory!! To win, you must BRING the completed map to Lively and let us take your picture. You’ll also get a $25 gift card to the best store in town, Lively.